- Chancellor’s Office
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Join Our Network
- Data Governance
- UMS Data Book
- UMS Dashboard
- System Office
- UMS Administrative Transparency
- Office of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
- Facilities Management and General Services
- Finance and Administration
- General Counsel
- Governmental Affairs
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Affairs
- System Directory
Nondiscrimination Notice & Accommodation Request Notice
General Nondiscrimination Notice
甘肃快3必中计划The University of Maine System is required to include a nondiscrimination notice in a wide variety of its publications to comply with federal regulations. Any department that distributes bulletins, announcements, publications, catalogs, application forms, or other recruitment materials that are made available to students, employees, applicants, or program beneficiaries must include the following nondiscrimination notice in the publication:
甘肃快3必中计划The University of Maine [name of campus] is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies:? Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME? 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).
Short-Form Notice for Postcards and Posters:
Sometimes, departments use postcards or posters to promote events being sponsored by the University. If the document being distributed satisfies U.S. Postal Service requirements for being classified as a postcard or is a poster intended for display, an alternative notice may be used in lieu of the notice described above. This short-form notice reads as follows:
The University of Maine [name of campus] is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.
Accommodation Request Notification
Programs or events which are open to the public must be accessible as follows:
- Websites, live programming, YouTube and other programming with electronic content:
Whether or not a disability accommodation request has been received甘肃快3必中计划, these events must be accessible to the public.
- Examples of covered programs that may have an electronic component: Cultural events, commencement, athletic events, courses open to the general public including non-credit courses, public lectures, and MOOCs.
- Examples of types of electronic content accessibility needs: captioning of videos for those with hearing disabilities; alternative way to access images or visual information (e.g., graphs, charts, animations or URLs on slides) such as audio description, alternative text, PDF files or Word documents for those with vision disabilities; effective color contrast, information conveyed by a means other than using color alone (for charts or graphs differentiating information only by color) and formatting documents for screen reader accessibility for those with vision disabilities.
- Live events without electronic content:
Programs or events which?are open to the general public should invite participants with disabilities to request, in advance, any accommodations needed to allow them to participate. Brochures, registration forms, press releases, and posters announcing the event or program should include a statement advising individuals how to request an accommodation. The following statements are examples of how this may be accomplished:
- For more information or a reasonable accommodation, please contact (First and Last Name), 207.xxx.xxxx. or email@example.com.
- It is helpful to suggest a date by which accommodation requests should be made. The following suggested language may be used:
If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact _____ at 207.xxx.xxxx or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by [a date two weeks or some other reasonable interval before the event]. If requests are received after this date, we may not have sufficient time to make necessary arrangements.
甘肃快3必中计划If the hosting department has any questions regarding the Accommodation Request Notice or how to meet an accommodation request, the department should contact Kitty Armstrong, ADA Coordinator, at 207.581.1227 or email@example.com.
Please contact the following with questions and concerns:
Director, Equal Opportunity
101 N. Stevens Hall
Orono, ME 04469
甘肃快3必中计划 TTY 711 (Maine Relay System)
OEO Rev: 8/18